A few years ago I refinished my childhood dresser and nightstand and took them from plain white to black with white accents. I used a few different stencils to come up with my own little design. I think they turned out pretty cute:
A few weeks ago I bought a dresser from my aunt's garage sale and it looked like this:
Which just didn't really match so here's what I did to give it a make over:
1. Using a screw driver I removed all the hardware and took out the drawers.
2. I then used my grandpa's sander to sand the entire dresser and drawers.
3. Using a small piece of sand paper, I sanded the little spots and edges.
3. Using a small piece of sand paper, I sanded the little spots and edges.
4. I then used soapy water to clean the hardware and a damp rag to wipe down all of the dresser and the drawers. I let those dry and then wiped them down with a dry cloth. I also laid the hardware on a dry towel to dry.
5. Using a black, glossy finish spray paint, I gave the dresser and drawers three coats of paint.
6. Using a white, glossy finish spray paint, I painted all of the hardware.
7. I then let all of it dry for 30 hours, then put it all together for what now is a classy little number...

AWESOME! I love the new look! I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun decorating your new place!
ReplyDeleteoh i love how the dresser turned out! thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
love it! And I love the ladybug name :) What kind of dog is that in the picture?
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!!
ReplyDeleteKristen- That's my dog Harley, he's a shitzue (I think that's how you spell it) and we love him so much!! Thanks again for the support and comments!